Address: 1601 SW 75th Ave, Pembroke Pines FL 33023 USA

ICAO / EASA license conversion to FAA

Our school can offer you a unique possibility to convert your ICAO / EASA license to FAA and take CFIs courses in the Professional Program supported by F1/M1 student visas. To convert your license to FAA you need to have 250 hours of total flight time, to meet minimum requirements, and have an English proficiency mark in your license.

It is not just a training, it is a profession plus the possibility to have a pilot or flight instructor practice in the United States for up to 2 years, to improve your professional skills and practical experience, build flight time for your future aviation career and be paid for the hours of flight.

We have 2 possible ways how to do it:

F1 is the only type of training visa, which allows you to apply for a social security and work permit during your practical training. When you will convert your licenses to FAA will get CFI, CFII, MEI ratings - you will become eligible to work as a certified flight instructor or pilot. Now you will be flying, instructing, building your flight hours, and earning money at the same time.

If you are really good at training, showing a high level of aviation knowledge and professional skills, we will be happy to offer you a possibility to become a part of our school instructor's team and build 1500 hours (to meet ATP requirements) of flight time for your future airline career and as soon as you will build 1500 hours, the school will schedule an interview for you to join a US regional Airline Company and be sponsored for the Type Rating.

The Program includes three main parts:

  • Standardization of your previous training and flight experience;
  • Conversion to FAA and Add-on Courses, FAA Instructors Courses
  • After successful graduation - up to 18 months of full-time Practical Training supported by social security and work permit.

The program takes from 6 months of training including about 100 hours of ground school and 60 hours of flight time. International students studying on F-1, the only ones who permitted to apply for official practical training, supported by getting the social security number and later applying for the OPT working permit.

It means that after your Full Professional Pilot Program including CFI course and instructor ratings will be successfully completed, you can apply for practical training employment and upon approval start to build flight hours, getting skills and experience for your future professional career being officially paid as a flight instructor or pilot and building up to 1500 flight hours to meet ATP and airlines requirements. But the student should not arrive from overseas with the expectation of finding part-time work to supplement finance during their flight training, US government requires each student to show sufficient funds to cover all costs during their studies before departing to attend the school.

Airline Interview

Pelican Flight Training currently guarantees to its successful graduates, who have an 80%+ passing rate and all the check rides passed from the 1 attempt, at least 3 interviews for OPT employment (a subject for the governmental approval) with the following partnering employers:

  1. Pelican Flight Training (KHWO)
  2. Wayman Aviation Academy (KHWO)
  3. Flying Academy (KTMB)

For the students who are managing to build 1500 hours and meet ATP requirements during their CPT training, Pelican Flight Training will be happy to schedule an Airline Interview with Silver Airways for the future airline employment with type rating sponsored by the airline for qualified and selected candidates.

Pelican Flight Training proud to state that we have hundreds and hundreds of successful graduates working as airline pilots and flight instructors in more than 100 countries all over the world.

Program Price

Conversion to CPL SEL IR, ME Add-on & CFI / CFII/ ME

We are not asking for payments upfront. You will start paying for training when your visa is approved and you arrived in USA.

Eligibility For Enrollment

  • FAA medical certificate
  • Read, Speak and understand English.
  • ICAO Commercial Pilot Airplane Certificate with Instrument Rating and compliance with Prerequisite requirements for the Conversion Courses.

Regular training visa, most commonly used in the United States. You are doing just FAA minimums and as soon as your training is done, you'll need to go back to your country.

  • Conversion CPL SEL IR training takes 6-9 months, the price is $9,049
  • Conversion CPL MEL IR training takes 6-9 months, the price is $11,990

Price program from:

We are not asking for payments upfront. You will start paying for training when your visa is approved and you arrived in USA.

Request More Information

We will be happy to assist you personally with all the information you may need and to answer to all the questions you may have to choose the best option for your future airline career. Please fill in the form and we will contact you shortly.

© 2020 Pelican Flight Training. All rights reserved.